Thursday, December 18, 2014

Out of the CCM.....a whole different world!

FAMILY! coming to you live from idk where....but i get to just write you and tell you that i am here in Arequipa and i am safe! i dont even know how to put my life in words right now! i am in Central Arequipa so i am right in the middle of the city and its ridiculous how pretty it is here! i mean it is its own kind of pretty haha i am in the middle of the desert but i love it! i feel like i have the best mission in the world! my mission president and wife are the kindest most chill people i have ever met! so i will give you a really fast update on my life right now because its mad crazy! haah so we got here on tuesday morning at like nine. we left the CCM at 4. the flight here was good. i slept the whole way haha and my mission president was at the airport to greet us with the APs and his wife! i have to say that was maybe the happiest day of my life. i was just so happy to be here! we first went on a little tour of the city which is just insane idk even how to explain Arequipa (so much better than Lima) and then we went to the site of the new temple which wont be built while i am here but maybe the ground breaking will be. who knows. then we went to the center of the town (dont know how to spell it) but its so pretty. its a big fountain and a cathedrial (excuse my spelling) and we took pictures and met our trainers! then we went to the mission home since we are such a small group (only three hermanas came) and we ate lunch and talked about rules and all that good stuff! and found out where we would be serving! so yeah im in central arequipa and anderson and menlove are 6 hours away somewhere near the ocean! i shed many tears when we parted. haha i love those sisters and i knew that was the end of english. so yea. my companion is from Bolivia (hermana Andia) speaks no english really and so mostly we just stare at eachother and i just follow her around. i have no idea whats going on ever haha. we had a big zone thing yesterday with five other zones for christmas! it was crazy fun! we ate dinner and each zone did a skit! idk what ours was about because its all in spanish but i had to be apart of it. it was embarassing. so yeah that was fun yesterday because i was around other north americans! i have taught five lessons in these two days and ive talked in every sinlge one of them, pretty sure they dont understand me. actually i know they dont beacuse in last nights lesson with ranaldo (hes getting baptized on saturday) his grandma came in and basically told me to shut up. whatever confidence i did have is now gone haha but hasta bien! but in the lesson before that with milagro (the cutest 17 year old ever) it went okay! she is going to teach me ketchajua (however you spell it) alot of people here speak it haha!  i am going to learn spanish crazy fast with my trainer! its so rough right now but it will all be okay! shes so kind to me! my brain is absolutely fried but i just want you to know I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! its a whole different world here. we are so so so blessed. my pension is basically just four cement walls haha i dont want to talk about my bathroom and all that...but i feel blessed because i have a flushing toilet and most dont haha! most people here live in garages or idk even how to explain it. nothing like we have ever seen. we are just so blessed! my pensionista is so dang nice! they are my new family here! she lives a couple of blocks from me and we go to her house for all of our meals! each one has made me sick but thats so normal! there is an elder in my zone who has been here for 6 months and is sick all the time haha! its fine. my pensionista said he added you on facebook because tey took some pictures of me the other night. they decorated their whole house for me! it was so nice! i am their first gringo here so theyre excited haha even thoguh i have no idea what they are saying! anyways... i love it here! its going to take some getting used to but im excited to work hard! i think i get to email you again monday! not sure yet because no communication con me companion but yeah! ill maybe have details about christmas! also, i know you packages are here in peru i just havent recieved them yet! ive tried to ask my companion multiple times but i dont thnk she understands! haha oh well. I LOVE YOU! i will talk to you soon! 
xoxoxoxoxo hermana holt 
work carefully always with a smile...thats our mission moto haha i think president says carefully because its crazy here haha i pray for our safety every single day and my companion thinks its hilarious! the traffic here is just insane...BYEE

No comments:

Post a Comment