Monday, December 29, 2014

Happy New Year...

family!
holy moly it was so good to see you guys on Christmas! ive missed your cute faces! dont worry i didnt make me homesick at all. im glad your christmas was great! I LOVE the pictures you sent! gosh my family is good looking! my christmas was great! we had breakfast with our zone and did a gift exchange and then we watched UP (not a christmas movie but oh well) and then I got to skype you after 2 hours of running around looking for internet hah next time I will be more prepared! after we skyped we went to down town Arequipa (i forget what its called everytime) with all the missionaries in Arequipa and sang and contacted. it was so much fun. i loved it! This week has been great! we had Milagros baptism on Saturday! She´s awesome. i love teaching her! im very excited for her because this is something shes wanted for a long time! in two weeks we have another baptism for Macarena but after that we dont have anymore so we are focusing on finding new investigators this week! Im excited because i will be able to be with these investigators from the start! 
I feel like i dont have a ton to say because i just talked to you on christmas but i am doing so good! i have my days when its just so hard (well everyday) haha but i love it! i should have spoke spanish to you guys on christmas because i think i know more than you guys think but when i skype you in May i will be fluent! it comes fast when you have a latin companion! I love hermana Andia, we had a lot of good laughs this week! in our room we have this really really ghetto bunk bed and i sleep on top and so yesturday we were both laying on our bunks reading our scriptures and i legit fell off the top bunk, it was probably the funniest thing ever. the package you sent me is what broke my fall haha im grateful that was there! we both laughed for like an hour about it! also the people that live below us decided to start a rock band this week. So that has been a nice addition to our house. free music all the time. especially late at night! 
I forgot to tell you when i was flying to Arequipa from Peru I accidentally had a pocket knife in my bag (no idea why or how it got there) so when i was going through security they took me aside and hand cuffed me. just picture this...10 latin elders standing here watching this all happen. some lady talking to me in really fast spanish with me fresh out of the CCM haha i was freaking out. they made fun of me for the rest of the day. good times. 
anyways im glad my pensionista is sending lots of pictures! shes crazy. but i love her. she showed me the pictures you sent her! I LOVE YOU GUYS! im pretty sure their baby hates me. he gives me the dirtiest looks all the time. but they´re like my family here! 
thats about all thats going on in my life. the mission is so great! i love it here in arequipa! its real hot but im grateful for it!  anyways, i love you all so much! thank you so much for your prayers! you all mean the world to me! Happy New Years! 
xoxoxox 
-Hermana Holt 

No comments:

Post a Comment