Monday, January 5, 2015

Read the BOM!

Hellooooo,
This week was....good. The holidays here are a little rough for a missionary because absolutely no one wants to listen to you and everyone is crazy drunk for like five days straight. I have never seen so many drunk peruvians passed out in the street in my life haha. They go hard! New years we had to be in our houses at 9 because things get wild haha. Me and Hermana Andia bought this confetti launcher on Albolino (dont know how to spell that) for like 5 soles on Tuesday to launch at all of the elders on Wednesday and we were so excited haha we hid it in the bishops office. so the next day we go to do it and one of the elders in our zone was looking at it and it went off in the hall with no one around instead haha it was sooo funny but so sad. all the elders thought someone got shot or something because it was so loud haha so yeah thats how my new years was! anyways, new years day was so great! we got together as a zone and read basically the whole book of mormon in spanish (my brain was fried). after that we had a testimony meeting about the book of mormon which was so great. the spirit was so strong. this year we are focusing and strengthening our teaching on the Book Of Mormon. Hermana Andia and I wrote our testimonies in a bunch of BOM and gave out as many as we could this week. it was great! we found 6 new inv.!! Were really excited about that. I just want to talk about one inv. inparticular. Remember Ranaldo (got baptized 2 weeks ago) well his mom, Isabel, wanted nothing to do with the church. she thought it was fine her son joined the church but she didnt want to listen to the lessons. well on friday night we went with ranaldo to get some church clothes because he is getting the priesthood this week (so cool) and after we returned to his house his mom and sister were there. We ended up teaching them both that night. it was probably the most spiritual lesson I have been in so far (i know not many) but it was awesome. she is a single mom and runs a buisness out of her home. She has a lot of stress and worry and she kind of just broke down in our lesson and told us she wants to know more. THEN sunday she even came to church. it was so awesome! I am so excited for her! Our other inv. that is supposed to get baptized this week (Macarena) didnt show up for church on Sunday so we have to move it again to next week. So that was kind of a bummer. One thing I know for sure though is how much my Savior loves me. I dont know why but this week especially i felt so overwhelmed by His love. He is carrying me through the hard times here i know it. Im grateful for the comfort that we can recieve through Him. through prayer, fasting, and being obedient. One scripture I read over and over again this week was Alma 38. I dont know why. we all get something different out of scriptures but it really spoke to me this week. 
It rained here yesterday which was a miracle i think because it hasnt rained here in over a year. El Misty had some snow on top of it this morning. i took a picture ill try to send it! umm Friday night in Albilino someone tried to rob me haha it was hilarious though because all they got away with was a couple of pens. its cool. Albilino is just this CRAZY market place. you should look it up. anyways, now when we go there i wear my back pack in front of me haha just in case. it was super funny though because i was like twice his size. he ran away real fast. Me and Hermana Andia started dream journals this week (El Libro De Suenos) its hilairous though because ever since we started is both of us havent remembered our dreams haha. its weird how excited i get to go to bed and dream. haha 
anyways, This year i just want to challange you all to start reading the Book Of Mormon a little every day! I know we get asked to do that alot and its something we should always be doing but make a goal for this year to really do it. read the Book of Mormon. 
 I love you all! thanks for your prayers and support! have a great week! 
xoxox 
hermana Holt 


No comments:

Post a Comment