Monday, January 26, 2015

Just Chill....

This week went by so fast. I feel like it was just Pday yesterday! Last Pday was cool. we had a bonfire with our zone and ate rice (storie of my life) Ill send some pictures...This week was great. Im a Little sad because there is now only two americanos in my zone and Elder malloy is now in the misión office (he was my homie) but im excited to meet our new zone! Im sitting here trying to even remember what happened this week....haha
ISABEL is amazing. We still have been Reading the Book of Mormon with her family everyday and we taught her about the law of tithing on saturday which i was super nervous for because i know she doesnt have money. I mean they dont even own two pairs of pants. but on Sunday she was at the chapel with her tithing. I was so happy i couldnt stop smiling! she asked if she could change her baptism date for the 10th of march because that is her birthday but we talked to her about it and decided to make it a goal to get the the temple on the 10th of march to do baptisms with Ronaldo! so we are still on for saturday! im just so happy and excited for her and her family I cant stop smiling about it! the change that i have seen in her in the last two weeks is amazing. Ronaldo passed the sacrament for the first time yesterday which was really cool as well.
Thursday I had lunch at the misión home and got to talk to presidente. Hes so cool. I feel like i easily have the best misión president ever. They have a bunch of picture books of his family at lake Powell and their cabin so obvisouly i thought about our family! His assistants told hermana andia that my spanish was really good...which she of course didnt tell me until today but that made my whole week haha nothing beats a compliment about my spanish! We arent going to have a pensionista this month i guess so we are eating with the members (pray for my stomach) haha. Im actually fine with it because i dont know how many more hot dogs i can eat for breakfast haha.
one thing i learned this week is to just chill...haha i get super up tight because peruvians are lazy and hard to work with sometimes. like you can NEVER depend on them. So i just need to be like the peruvians and chill out. I dont get latins and i probably never will haha me and my compañera have so many differences but thats just part of the misión. like she always has to walk infront of me (i dont get it) and today she told me that all of my clothes are fading... like i think she was trying to insult me but idk...the other day i told her she looked alot younger in a foto and it offened her so much...haha i dont get it. but its whatever! anyways this week was great!
one scripture I loved this week was Ether 12:6. Sometimes it takes the really hard weeks to appreciate the good and see the blessings in your life. i really am so so so blessed. I love you all so much!
xoxox
HH

This is just a little something Kinzie shared with me today while we were emailing:

I just wanted to share a Little bit of what I studied this week with you....I was Reading in 1 Nephi 7 verses 17-18. i loved it because it talks about how nephi prayed to have the strength to break the bands from laman and lamuel but in verse 18 it says that the bands were "loosed." God didn't give him exactly what he prayed for but he did help him! I was thinking about when we pray for things diilgently and think like "what the heck, why hasnt he helped me or why hasnt he given this to me?" but sometimes we just need to take a step back and look and what he has done. Sometimes we look past the things that he does give us. idk i really liked this. You could apply it to many different things, anything.

 This is the first day I have been able to wear reg clothes. First day to wear jeans, it was awesome.

 All of the homes and buildings behind the field are my area.

My zone.


Kinzie said it has rained for 3 days this week. They have a giant hole in the roof of their bedroom :(

No comments:

Post a Comment