Monday, January 19, 2015

Much Better Week....

ayyyy familia,
Hermana Andia and I are still laughing at the bus ride on the way to internet this morning. It was something like the movie fast and furious but in a bus...haha he didnt even stop to let us off it was sort of like a tuck and roll. hahaha. Peruvians....Anyways this week was SO much better holy moly. Hermana Andia and I agreed that we dont ever want to repeat last week haha. This week flew by for me! This week is the first transfer I have in the field but I obviously wont be going anywhere (probably for like 6 months) but our zone is changing a little and its sort of sad! I love all of the elders we are with! our zone leader is finishing his mission on tuesday so we are having a big bon fire tonight in some ghetto field I guess? Im excited about it. Our pensionista told us she is moving in Febrero so we are on the hunt for a new pensionista! im sort of sad about it because they are like my family here! que mas que mas...We started reading the book of mormon every day with all of Ranaldos family! and Isabel (ranaldos mom) has a baptismal date for the 31st! its amazing. Im just so excited for her! we have seen such a big change in their family just this week! at first it was hard to get them all together to read and participate but now they are ready every day at 6:30 with their libros! I love it! they ask questions and are just way into it! I think eventually we will get the whole family to commit! 
For part of my "training" here we have to watch the district videos (again) and I just laugh everytime because a mission in South America is NOTHING like the videos haha.....You wake every morning to the sound of dogs fighting outside your window and a lady walking down the street screaming "tamale tamale" and then you sit up and hit your head on your ceiling and risk your life climbing down the most ghetto bunk bed youve ever seen. then your companion starts rapidly talking in spanish at 6:30 in the morning and youre just so confused because just five minutes ago you were dreaming in english....haha idk its just hilarious! Another funny thing that happened this week (well i think its funny) was Andia and I went to take a picture in the cemetary this week because theyre super cool here and we were making a card for the elder that is leaving this week because he is (dying) in the misison field. anyway we took the picture and left the cemetary...well first off you should know that latinos believe in ghosts like crazy. my companion talks about them all the time. Ill probably see a few on my mission... haha but after we left my companion started freaking out and made us go back and apologize to all of the tombs (idk how to spell that) that were in our pictures and ever since then every night she prays that we will be safe and that no spirits will follow us. haha its funny for me but its really serious for her. well yeah, this week was great. idk what else to say haha! i love everyone so much and appreciate all the prayers and love! i know i say that every week but I really am so grateful! 
I hope everyone has a great week! 
xoxo 
HH 

 They just built this bridge in our area and i thought it was cool because it actually looks nice.



 My life everyday on the bus!

My comp thinks there is a ghost in the pic in the window under me. IDK


No comments:

Post a Comment