Monday, January 12, 2015

U.S.A.

I am trying to think of a way right now to put my week into (positive) words haha. This week was just....so hard. I dont even know. It all started on Tuesday when my companera decided she wanted to make food from her country (Bolivia) which i felt obligated to eat of course but every time I think about it I get sick. Tuesday and Wednesday I thought I was for sure dying. I dont think I have ever been that sick in my whole life. Im pretty sure it was from her food. BUT it does not matter how sick you are when you are a gringa. We were still out working. Wednesday was the same. and Thursday I woke up with a cold haha. Friday and Saturday I had no voice but on Saturday night I taught my first English class here. LOL. five people showed up but I think it went well. People here want to learn english SO bad. my companera is getting pretty good at english and wants to extend here misión so she can learn more. Sunday me and hermana Andia got to church a Little early because we couldnt get macarena to get out of bed. No she is not getting baptized this week. We dont really know what to do with her because every Saturday she promises she will attend church but every sunday morning when we show up at her house we cant get her to come. We told her we cant continue teaching her until she comes to church so we will see what happens. But anyay we got to church a Little early on Sunday and the obispo asked Hermana Andia to speak in sacrament meeting but she decided she didnt want to sooo ya. I had to. I sounded like a man because of my voice and the whole thing was a blure but hermana andia said she understood about half so i mean thats good.
I decided my least favorite words in spanish that come out of my companions mouth are ´¨como dijo hermana Holt" which means "like my companion said"..and then she repeats everything i just said but in better spanish. haha i hate it.
well sunday night after church we taught two lessons and then my companion decided she was tired of my spanish and she couldnt teach anymore. so we went back to our cuarto and sat in the dark while my companion layed on her bed frustrated with me. I think I can say that is the lonliest I have ever felt in my life. I had no idea what to do. SPANISH IS SO FRUSTRATING.
I knew coming on a misión was going to be so challanging. but it challanges you in ways you never even thought of haha. There is times when you feel like Heavenly Father kind of just left you alone. But its a chance to really put your faith in him and have the faith that he will carry you through. because I KNOW He will.
This week is going to be better. its a chance to start over and work harder and be better. Im so grateful for all of your prayers and love. I love all of you so much!
xoxox
HH

No comments:

Post a Comment