Monday, February 23, 2015

Humility.....

Hellooo...today was crazy. We woke up at 2 to leave for Colca, which was INSANELY beautiful. I encourage you to look up pictures. We didnt get to see the Condores take flight but I was fine with it. My whole zone squished in a tiny bus made for little peruvian people so that was comfortable, and headed for the freezing cold. It was quite the day. half our zone ended up getting sick and throwing up but it was a good day. I had to wear a beanie for most of the day so they didnt know I was american. haha apparently there is like a tribe or something here of fair skinned people with blond hair that speak ketchua (dont know how to spell that) so im guessing thats what they thought i was. It was beautiful but I never wish to get sent to that area haha. But When I get to see new beautiful places like this it just reassures me of how much our Heavenly Father loves us. 
anyways, this week was so great and so full of adventures. I got my first hair cut in the mission and I was freaking out but it ended well haha also hermana Andia and I got manicures last pday because it was her birthday this week and its super cheap here. so besides my acne I was feelin pretty fresh haha. On Wednesdays our zone contacts in different areas in our zone. So this week we headed to Horacio. I dont even understand how people live there. It was the poorest part of Peru I have seen yet. A humbling experience. I had made Hermana Andia a "Happy birthday" hat earlier that day and she had in her hand while we were contacting (thank goodness) because there is an insane amount of dogs in this area. So after about an hour of contacting we went to knock on one last door and this big dog came up to us with like five other little dogs. Its really normal here. So this dog was really calm at first and was just standing by us then it started to growl and proceeded to attack us haha it tore up the hat I had made for Hermana Andia into pieces. So my first instict was to pick up rocks and start throwing it at the dog haha after that it backed off and we were able to get away with only a few things tore up haha. it was quite and adventure and I now have a fear of all dogs. But dont worry. Another crazy thing here is how many drunk people there are at all hours of the day. But thats not even the crazy part haha they all speak perfect english. Its the weirdest thing haha. Peru is an adventure!!
Its getting difficult for me to speak english but my spanish still sucks super bad so right now i feel like i dont have a language haha its a blessing but its horrible. I tried talking to an American today in Colca and it ended up being horrible spanglish. This is what I get for being the only American in my district haha. I cant wait for my spanish to be fluent. the day will come!! :) 
I am learning more and more every week about humility. Sometimes God makes you feel weak. there are times in your life when you are going to feel helpless. But through this we get the chance to really challange our Faith and really strengthen our relationship with our Heavenly Father. through our weaknesses we can become so much stronger. I SO know this to be true. A quote that kept coming to my mind this week that is in our house is "I never said it was going to be easy. I only said it will  be worth it" I know its all worth it. so worth it. 
A scripture that I loved this week was Alma 26:12 Yea, I know that I am nothing ; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things ; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. 

"In the depth of winter we find within us an invincible summer"
"For the love of the son of God pierces all darkness, softens all sorrow, and gladens every heart"

I know that we are all going to go through hard times and have challanges in our lives but I encourage you to put your trust in our Heavenly Father. I promise He will carry you through. Every time.
I love you all SO MUCH. talk to you next week!
xoxox 
HH


 Hermana Andia's Birthday


 Colca

 Colca canyon




No comments:

Post a Comment