Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Best weekend EVER....

Hey family,
So I was in Lima Sunday and yesterday for my visa so that is why i am writing today! Lima was crazy fun. I got to be reunited with my BFF Hermana menlove so you know i was happy haha. I think we both wanted to cry when we saw each other! It was the first time i was able to speak english in weeks but it was super cool because last time we saw each other we couldnt speak any spanish and now we can have full on conversations together. its super fun! Hermana menlove is in a zone with alot of amerianos and I dont want to admit it but my spanish was much better. it really is a blessing being surrounded by latinos haha. I think we were both weirded out for a minute when we landed in Lima because its like a whole different world there haha theres like buildings and cars and malls haha. We got to stay in a hotel that had air conditioning and hot water and I thought i had died and gone to heaven haha then we woke up in the morning and for breakfast they had TOAST. like what?? it was the best weekend ever haha. We were both really sad when we had to come back but its good. It was a nice little vacation...
I am really starting to enjoy the work. There are of course hard days but they are starting to be less frequent. I love latinos. My zone full of latino elders are like my brothers. Its weird because i am starting to feel more comfortable around latinos than i am americanos. I love it!!! okay so about my week...On sunday we had two investigators at church...One of them is Silvia. we have been teaching her for a couple of weeks and we promised her this sunday in the chapel she would recieve her answer if she is suppose to get baptized...well after sacrament meeting we talked with her and set a date to be baptized in two weeks! so excited for her:) I was also able to share my testimony in church on sunday which was so fun. I can testify that the gift of tounges is real and that we speak through the spirit because I dont remember anything i said but hermana andia said my spanish was perfect. so cool. Isabel told us last week that she had recieved revelation that she was suppose to open her resturaunt on sundays too so she wouldnt be attending church...we tried to explain to her again what revelation was and that she probably needed to pray again...well she didnt show up for church sunday but started to read Alma 5. If any of you know what goes on in Alma 5 you know she will for sure be at church next sunday haha. 
We have a family of rescatados that we are trying to get back into the church that are so awesome and they have a daughter who is marrying an american in agosto and so I have been translating for her while she talks to her future mother in law through skype about the wedding plans. its super fun! I just feel like my spanish is really starting to come along..Its the best feeling in the entire world. We have cambios (transfers) this week. I really dont think i am going anywhere but there is a possiblity that my companion is..i really hope not because we are really starting to work well together but God knows what I need! We have a goal for 3 baptisms this month and i know we can do it. Im excited for another month to work harder and be better than i was last month! I wish I had more to say about my week but I cant even rememeber most of it haha time is unreal in the mission! I love you all so much! talk to you next week!
xoxox
HH
 Kinzie in Lima with BFF sister Menlove and Elder Monroe. 


In some random field.

No comments:

Post a Comment