Monday, March 16, 2015

Week 21....

familiaaaa, 
I have been more than excited to write you all this week. I hope everyone is doing well! This week was good...Yesterday I had the opportunity to play the violin in church which was really fun because sometimes I really miss it. Also, we were in a lesson yesterday night and I said something wrong (i still have no idea what) and everyone was laughing at me for a straight 30 minutes haha so yeah im still just here tryin to learn some español. BUT something I really noticed this week is the love I am really starting to have for the people here. Especially the people in our ward. It is SO important that you work well with the people in your ward because they are your family here! 
On saturday night I met a man from Canada that was visiting here and so we were able to talk a little! He was the twin of Paul Jensen except absolutely hates guns haha so big difference there. HE was basically a hippy and just wants world peace. He was very interesting and thought I was basically mental because seriously my english is horrible. But it was cool. I taught him a little bit about what we believe and wanted to give him a folleto but only have them in spanish haha. 
The city of Arequipa has a shortage of water which im sooo confused about because it rains all the time, but anyways they have been cutting our water so this week I have been grateful for when we do have water haha. showering has become super creative! 
So besides all the good stuff I want to share a little from my studies this week (the better stuff)...Its weird the things i study sometimes I dont know the reason I study some of the things I do! But I was studying one day about "Light" and found some scriptures that i really liked. But i really loved this scripture in Ether 2:25

 25 And behold, prepare you against these things; for yecannot cross this great deep save prepare you against thewaves of the sea, and the winds which have gone forth,and the floods which shall come. Therefore what will yethat should prepare for you that ye may have light whenye are swallowed up in the depths of the sea?

We cannot make it through this life without the help of our Heavenly Father. We need His "Light". I was thinking a lot about Chandler and Carli when I read this because they are at such an important time in their lives with some hard decisions and its so important that we stay close to our Heavenly father so we can have that light with us always. Even when we are "swallowed up in the depths of the sea" Its so important that we hold tight to the things we know we believe. idk this is just a scripture that I really loved this week! :)
I love you all so much! talk to you soon!
xoxo
HH 
 Laundry day!

 Study time?


No comments:

Post a Comment