Monday, September 21, 2015

I love the mission....


I'm in an internet in Ilo. We drove here this morning because we are going to play futbol against the zone here. They played "daft punk" in the bus the whole way here...it was amazing.... I can't send pictures because this computer is really old. I'm sorry mom....BUT man this week was great!
After the dog bite, the stomach infection and the sun burn I was ready for a new weeek haha. You know I feel like when you are going through trials, there are big blessings waiting for you. You just have to push through the hard times to get to them! Me and my comp have been EXHAUSTED this week. The sun in Moquegua is getting hotter and hotter everyday. I'm pratically a latina now haha, but we worked so hard this week and we saw SO many miracles. We taught the most lessons I have had while i've been here in Moquegua and found 5 new golden investigators. But its not because of us, its becuase my Heavenly Father loves me and is watching over me and blessing me every single day. 
On tuesday night one of the members was accompaning (whaatt idk how to spell that) us and we were laughing at the end of the night at how blessed we were. We recieved so many references that night I thought it was a joke. WE ARE SO BLESSED!!! The point is, when you face trials in your life....big or small, fight. Push through them, because God is just waiting to bless you BIG time and its so worth it!!! I LOVE THE MISSION. I love all the dogs with rabbies in the streets waiting to bite you, and the thousands of mosquitos waiting to ruin your legs, and the water that looks like white soup. I LOVE IT ALL. haha. Really Peru is amazing. (i still love the US with all my heart) but I love my brothers and sisters here. 
Want to know what else I love...is the spirit. I feel invincible when I have the spirit. I feel on top of the world. It's probably the best thing ever when you are in a lesson and the spirit is so so strong and ya, it's the best thing ever. I invite you all to invite more of the spirit in your life. Because when you have the spirit and you can RECOGNIZE that you have the spirit it's the best. He's like my best friend and can be your best friend too. He's just waiting for you to invite him more into your lives! So that's my challenge for you guys this week, to not only invite more of the spirit into your lives, but recognize it and put your confidence in him!!
Last thing I will share..is that Peruvian hospitals are the most ghetto part of Peru. haha my comp was in a lot of pain yesterday (i think) and so we ended up going to the emergency room and being there for 8 whole hours of our precious sunday. I have some pretty funny videos to share with you guys after the mission. There is nothing more ghetto then the Peru hospitals haha. It was a great time for me. Don't worry my comp is fine. We waited 8 hours to hear that everything was perfectly fine :) 
I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
HH 

This is a poem/quote Kinzie shared with me today that I wanted to post because it's soooo good!!

Gods eyes
to friends and peers you dont feel like enough,
and trials you are going through are making life tough,
you struggle to look at yourself in the mirror,
and your pathway through life isnt getting much clearer.
the only way you can get through this strife, and finally find peace and joy in you rlife. 
is forget all the trials that youre going through. and look at yourself the way that God looks at you.
He knows your potential and worth of your soul, and to have you return is his only goal.
But to accomplish this goal, you must see that youre worth much more than all of the money on earth.
When you can finally look in the mirror and say, "im so happy with who I am today". Satan has no control, no matter how hard he tries. When you look at yourself as if through Gods eyes.



 Moquegua is super HOT!! 
 Sister Alvarez, Kinzie's companion.

Pizza!!

No comments:

Post a Comment