Friday, November 13, 2015

Why I came on a Mission.....


Well this week was great and super fast! 
Last pday we didnt do anything too exciting. we ate at chilis. so thats kind of exciting i guess haha. This week was leadership council in the mission home. A lot of listening and talking and french toast. Its the best haha...every conference I just realize that president is getting crazier and crazier but i love him!
This week i had a really cool experience. On thursday night we did an activity for all of the future missionaries in our ward, just to get them exctied and thinking. Well i was praying and trying to figure out what I could share with them. And when I got there i still didnt know. But when I got up to talk I thought to share my reason for coming on the mission. Honestly, I didnt know why i exactly came on the mission. i just knew i wanted to..I remember having my first interview with president and him asking me the same question. And i remember saying...well i never wanted to come on a mission...well on Thursday I realized why i came. I remember my senior year of high school, I was going through a lot of changes. I needed a change of heart. And I remember the first time that I felt the atonement in my life. The first time I felt the love of Christ and my Heavenly Father and just remember how good i felt. That is exactly why I came on the mission. To help people feel exactly the way that i felt. To feel that love. To me, the change I had my senior year of high school was the biggest change in my life. It changed the course of my life, and my decisions and its something we can all feel. We can all apply the atonement in our lives every single day. That love he has for us is free. 
It was really such a cool experience for me that night, to realize what sparked in me to come on a mission.
Anyways, I dont have much to share with you guys this week. Im happy, the mission is great and I love you all. Talk to you guys sooN! 
HH
"we do not suddenly become what we do not participate in becoming."




No comments:

Post a Comment