Monday, November 2, 2015

One year.....what i've learned.


Can you believe i've been in crazy Peru for a whole year now? Me either...haha so fast the time! This week was really great! We are working hard and getting better every week. I love this work! This week was busy like always so I have lots of good stuff to tell you guys. 
Last p-day we carved pumpkins, the elders searched for hours to find pumpkins, haha it was a lot of fun! On Wednesday we went to the office to work and the elders all left us and went to lunch, so we thought it would be a good idea to pull a prank on them...so we took all of their chairs and saran wrapped them together and left for lunch. Well, when we got back they had locked us out of all of the rooms and locked all of our stuff in the display cases with price tags on them and we had to pay to get them out...it was pretty funny. I'll send pictures haha. You have to keep the mission fun or you go crazy. 
On thursday I went to Mollendo for divisions. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! It looks a little like Hawaii. All green and right on the ocean. I was with hermana Moon, she has 4 weeks in the mission, so it was so much fun to be with her and talk and help her out. Shes adorable. I love helping the girls out in their areas! 
Halloween was nothing special, no one wanted to talk to us that day so we walked around for hours. We made some funny videos scaring people though. But the elders did get us wayyyy to good. There is a pair of elders that live on the same street as us and some how they got into our room (we still dont know how) and hung this giant mannequin from our ceiling. So when we got back to our room at 9:30 we walked in and just started sreaming. Menlove was behind me swearing and I was legit peeing my pants. We didn't want to go back into our room for the rest of the night haha. Sneakkkyyy elders. We´ve also started a series of the walking dead here in Peru. It's hilarious. On Sundays there is an incredible amount of drunk people in the streets and they all look like straight zombies. So we decided to start our own walking dead series haha. I'll send pics some time. 
Anyways, I was reflecting alot on the past year here in Perú. What an INCREDIBLE year. The best year of my life! I just wanted to share somethings that Ive learned in my year here in Perú:
  •  Always leave a little Chicha in your cup so they think youre sitll working on it and dont refill it. 
  • Just clapping at the dogs in the street doesn't scare them away, you better keep some rocks in your pocket.
  • If you think you are safe from the dogs on the roof, your wrong! They have no fear of heights.
  • When you get sent to a new area, you know you're getting the top bunk and the broken drawers.
  • If you have an appointment at 2 you should probably leave at 2:30 to get there on time. 
  • Try to keep it down to two breads a day, the carbs add up real fast.
  • If you get in a taxi and are scared for your life, its probably because he's been drinking or he doesnt even have a license. 
  • Always keep emergency toilet paper in your backpack and a good supply in your bathroom. You never know when the chicken and rice is going to hit you wrong. 
  • Be nice to people, but not too nice. They open up real fast and youll hear things only the bishop should...
Me and menlove were laughing pretty hard when we thought about these haha. If you guys only knew...but ive also learned alot of spiritual things too...
  • I've learned to spend time on my knees. To really put my trust in my Heavenly father and have learned to feel of his love and his strength.
  • I've learned that the book of Mormon has answers to ALL of your questions. 
  • I've learned that my Savior not only suffered for my sins, but for my sadnesses too. 
  • I've learned that I'm very weak, but with the power of the atonement everything is possible. 
  • I've learned to forget myself and to love other people no matter the big differences we might have. Whether it be culture, language, beliefs....
  • I've learned to be fearless. Never doubting the power of my own testimony.
  • Most of all i've learned of the undenying love my Heavenly father has for me.
I love the mission. I can't believe how much I have learned in one year. I can't wait to see what more is to come!
I love you all. Talk to you sooN!
HH 


Halloween with the Elders.


Pranks at the mission office, HAHA

The Elders got us back!!

Work at the mission office.


Happy Missionaries



Mollendo

Hermana Moon

No comments:

Post a Comment