Monday, January 11, 2016

Sacrifice.....

Heyyyy everyone..
Lots of things to share! This week was hard. I haven't had a week like that in a long time, but it was good:) I learned a lot of lessons this week. We saw so many miracles in our area this week, it was great. I have such a strong testimony that we don't recieve the blessing until AFTER the trial of our faith. 
I wanted to share something I was reflecting on a little bit yesterday. I have been thinking a lot about sacrafice this week. I was thinking of the times in my life when I have had to make a sacrafice. I was thinking a lot about the day I left on my mission to come to Peru. As much as I love the mission, and as much as I have learned and grown, its a sacrafice. I remember driving to the airport and having SO many different emotions. I left behind every worldly thing I loved. Music, books, music, music, music haha and my family. I remember getting on the plane and sitting in the back and looking out the window and seeing my family starring out the airport window. They couldn't see me but i could see them. There are two reasons I wanted to serve a mission. One, because I love my Heavenly Father, and two, for my family. I wanted to make that sacrafice because of how much I love both of those things! I wanted to be an example. 
The other day, it was around 2 in the afternoon and we had knocked on probably 50 doors that day and NO one wanted to accept us. It was burning hot and my companion and I were feeling so discouraged. We both sat on the curb and put our heads down and just sat there in silence for a little bit. I was feeling so frustrated. I had been praying and fasting SO hard these last couple of weeks and just feeling like no one was listening. I had seen no improvement in our area and no help from our ward. So we decided to say a prayer together, so we kneeled down in the middle of the sidewalk and then got up and started walking again. I had no idea where we were going but I knew sitting was going to do nothing so we got up and started walking with determination. That day we were able to find 3 new investigators. Our heavenly Father knows how far he can push us, so that we can grow and learn. So that we can strengthen our faith. Its just up to us how we react to it. 
The mission is full of ups and downs. You're exhausted mentally and emotionally and physically, but when you find just one more person that wants to listen and change and you know you have the answer to everything they have been looking for, it makes it all so worth it! Especially when you find a family, and you get to tell them that they can be together forever...there is SUCH a special spirit with families. I want to tell my family how much I love them and how grateful I am for them. I always said before the misison that I wanted to be with them forever, but i don't think i understood the depth of that statement. I can really say now that I have such a strong testimony of the plan of salvation. I know that its not going to be easy, but I will do everything I can to make it to the celestial kingdom with my family. 

HH 

Making cookies with Juana, they have been reading their book of Mormon everyday so we made cookies.

Christmas package finally...so FUN!!

Just the cutest little lady you have ever seen (Celia), she makes me laugh so hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment