Monday, January 4, 2016

David and Goliath....


Well...this week was good. As you all know i started training again this week...an american (gringa) Hermana Niemela from Mapleton, Utah. Shes like 80 pounds and super cute! She speaks a few words of spanish...haha. We are working hard.
I cant believe its 2016. The past year flew by in a blink of an eye! I know its going to be a beautiful year! I was so exhausted i didnt even wake up for the fireworks haha. 
Its still getting hotter here...if its even possible. I forgot how hot Arequipa gets! Shade is hard to find in our area so we just put layers on and sunscreen and head out haha.
I was studying a little bit about the story of David and Goliath this week ( i hope i spelled that right) you all know that story...but I wanted to share what I got out of it. As we all know David was a tiny guy compared to Goliath but was able to defeat him. I was pondering a little about it and this new year. We have so many Goliaths in our lives. So many things that are big and scary. But we, just like David, can defeat them. How did David defeat Goliath? He put his confidence in God. He was a leader and wasn't afraid. I want to challange you all this year to defeat your Goliaths. Put your confidence in our Heavenly Father and don't be afraid! This story meant a lot to me, as I am training again. I was scared to train an american. BUT i know that "if God put me to it, He´ll help me through it".
I just want to work and work and work and work and work. There is no time to waste! :) I want to give my whole heart to this work. Camilo came to chruch yesterday...I love miracles of fasting and prayer.... I dont have a ton to say this week! love you all so much. 
xoxoxo
HH 

Me and my first daughter (Hermana Alvarez). It was really good to see her :). She's training and opening a new area. She's amazing!

My new little gringa daughter (Hermana Niemela).

My heritage haha; my two daughters and granddaughter in the mission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment