Monday, May 18, 2015

Crazy...Tired

I am tired. haha. 
Yesterday I went to Chivay to play for their conference. It was quite the adventure. I was on a divisions with another american which was SO much fun. She was adorable. So we left our house at 3 in the morning to catch a taxi to chachauni like 40 minutes from our house where we were supposed to be picked up by a bus to Chivay. Well when we got to the place it was in the middle of a bunch of bars and I have never seen so many drunk peruvians in my life. So our taxi driver said he would stay and wait with us until the bus came. Well, while we were waiting our taxi driver fell asleep and the police came and started questioning us as to why two american girls were with a taxi driver at three in the morning in the middle of a bunch of bars. So we had to show them all our passport info and everything. Finally at 4 30am the bus showed up and we were off. Well, Chivay is 5 hours from here and the road is the craziest thing ever. (its crazy crazy beautiful though and there are lots of wild llamas) but we made it to Chivay in 2 and a half hours if that explains the ride. I got off the bus and immediatly threw up haha. Good times. BUT Chivay is amazing. I would say lets go there someday but I dont think I want to take that ride for the third time. I forgot to dress warm and nearly lost my toes but its all good. The program went really really well and we were able to listen to president talk. The people in Chivay are SO grateful for the church. I was so humbled by their love. They have about 20 members in Chivay and they meet in an old bar. (kind of ironic). After the conference we all went to eat at a buffet  (nothing like an american buffet haha) which was super fun and then we returned home and i passed out in my bed dead tired. haha
Last pday we had a big BBQ with my zone and played soccer (I was the goalie) it was pretty fun. This week there was a big protest here in Arequipa that got real crazy. My area was pretty calm. There was just a bunch of crazy people walking around yelling stuff and throwing rocks at cars. Everything was closed because they get real crazy here. I took a picture of all of the rocks in the road after they left because i was scared to take a picture of them haha. I guess in the plaza they starting killing people and it got really crazy.
This week was a little hard for me. We lost two of our investigators and i was feeling pretty bad. The next day I was reading in the bible about the story of Peter and John, When Jesus asked Peter 3 times...do you love me? I was thinking about it a lot and was thinking about how much I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father. How important this work is and how important it is not to get (i cannot think of the word i want to say right now right now) but down on yourself. How important it is to keep your head up and be happy. I was thinking about if Jesus were to ask me the exact same question what would I say...Obviously I love Him but am I truly showing it through my actions every minute of every day? I need to truly turn my heart to the Lord. I need to give it ALL up, every thought and every action and give my heart to this work and my Savior. I only have a short year to truly give it all up and go to work. I know im not perfect and everyday we are trying to become more like our Savior but its time to work even harder and be even better than the day before. I want to challange you guys to do the same. I know that you aren't all on a mission right now and you're all living your lives and doing your things but think in what ways you could be more obedient, in what ways you could give more to our Savior. I can promise you that you will see blessings.
I love the quote that says "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it."
I love you all so much, Im so grateful for the support I have. talk to you soon.
xoxoxo
HH 

pics...i cant remember their order but...after the protest, I thought misti was looking pretty nice (trying to take more pics for my mom haha) the city of Chivay and just knocking on some doors (for you mom) 




No comments:

Post a Comment