Monday, May 25, 2015

Turning point....

 This week was a turning point in my mission and not just because i FINALLY ate Cuyi! (Guinea pig, which i dont ever want to eat again) but it was just such a good week. I don't even know where to begin, but last week i wrote a little bit about being a consecrated missionary. Well I read a talk this week that honestly changed my life. It's by Tad R. Calister and its about being a consecrated missionary. After I read this talk I felt so pumped. I dont know how to explain it but I was just ready to get to work. Something that I love about the mission is you are constantly wanting to better yourself. You are constantly wanting to set goals! Well I did A LOT of thinking this week and set new goals. I can honestly say that I am SO happy in the mission. I dont want to be anywhere else right now. I am really enjoying this work. I know that I am not a consecrated missionary yet but its my goal to work on being one. Its something I can work towards every single day. I wish I could talk about the whole talk but really don't have time for that so I'll just tell you all a few parts that i really loved. 
The first thing that I loved was the part that said "If you want to baptize a few people, you talk to a few people. If you want to baptize alot of people, you talk to alot of people. and if you want to baptize everyone you can, (ya pues) you talk to everyone you can" and thats exactly what we did this week. This week we talked to EVERYONE, and we say miracles because this week we were able to find 43 new investigators. You just have to open your mouth like it says over and over in the scriptures.
Another quote that I loved was "you wanted to change the world, did you think there would be no cost?" -MLK yeah as missionaries we are not changing the world but we are changing peoples worlds. We are giving them the opportunity to change their lives. You cant just come out on the mission and not expect to change who you are and give it everything you have. I thought that quote was super cool. 
Basically I just want to work my hardest and be the best missionary I can be. Im soo grateful for this opportunity I have to serve in Perú. I love the people here and i love this work. I want to testify of the power of the fast. You can see miracles in your life when you fast with a true purpose and pure heart. I love fasting. I want to challange you guys to become more consecrated members. because we belong to the most amazing church here on this earth. I love you all so much have a great week!! 
xoxox
HH
 " There is no escaping it, God will demand our all" 


  When we were contactng we thought this was a door and probably sat here for a good five minutes before we realized it was a wall haha. (probably more funny for us than you guys) 



Eating quinea pig for the first time.
  This little tiny bone is good luck if you find it in the cuyi, you're suppose to put it in your drink and drink it for luck....crazy peruvians!


  My crazyyy zone CENTRAL




No comments:

Post a Comment