Monday, June 1, 2015

CAMBIOS....

I am literally in the middle of no where....haha yep we had changes!! I was so nervous for changes because I had heard that I was going to train and have 3 more months in my area buttttt nope! So im coming to you live from Moquegua...ya look it up haha I am in the middle of the dessert. I have so many things to say so I will get back to changes later...
So first off, last night we had our recital in Selva Alegra with the missionaries in Arequipa and it was SO beautiful. I got to play my violin and loved every minute of it and we sang. I can not even tell you how strong the spirit was. its amazing the power that music has! After the recital i got home at like 10 and had my last bowl of arroz con leche from hermana Juanita (i will miss it) and decided to start packing. Me and my comp decided just not to sleep last night because we had way too much to do haha. I left Arequipa at 6 this morning and just got to Moquegua..long day. Its hilarious because everytime that I told someone i was going to Moquegua all they said was good luck...haha but i am SO excited to be here. Its such a change from my last area and im just super excited to start working and getting to know the people. I dont know much abou tmy companion yet (i just got here) but shes from Bolivia and seems super nice..a little shy but I know we will get along great! 
This week i had the most interesting lesson of my life. On Saturday I found this old Liahona that was all about Joseph Smith so i was thinking wow how perfect is this for Edwin. So we stopped by his house in the morning to drop it off and invite him to the conference on sunday...well saturday night we were sitting in a lesson when we get a call from Edwin and he said that he wanted to have a lesson with us that night..So we left our lesson and were walking to Edwin all excited like "im super positive it was the liahona" "oh yeah he probably wants to get baptized" "wow this is going to be super cool" well on the way I had a feeling to call a member to come with us...so we called hermano Juan and we all headed to his house. Well when we got there he had this super weird like love music BLASting and shut all of the blinds and locked the door (i was 100 positive he was going to kill us and was planning an escape route haha) and he sat down and began to cry...We were all super confused until he started to talk...he was drunk..super drunk. haha he was SO frustrated because he felt so bad that he drank and didnt know why he felt bad. he was so mad that he felt bad when he drank and didnt go to church...it was hilarious because well we knew exactly why he felt bad but he just didnt get it. we tried to explain to him that this was probably his answer. he KNEW these things were true. But after an hour of talking to him we all gave up and decided there was no use in giving a lesson to a drunk man so we promised him we would come back when he was alittle more sober haha. good times. good times. 
I also got my hair cut this week...I was going for "just a trim" but left with half of my hair gone haha. I almost cried when i saw how much she cut off. buttt it will grow back...i hope. 
anyways....I feel exicted/nervous for this change but i know its going to be great! Im SO happy to be here. no matter how hot it may be haha. I love you all SO MUCH!! thanks for all of your love and support! have a great week! 
xoxox
HH 

No comments:

Post a Comment