Monday, June 15, 2015

Patriotic....


ahhh this week was great. I love Moquegua. There's definitely some things that I would like to change like the fact that we have water like one day a week or the amount of dogs we battle daily haha look up pictures of peruvian dogs and tell me youre not scared. They are so ugly. But I love the people here. Last pday we went to the farm of the person we live with (hermana ofemia) shes an angel. She showed us all around her chicken farm and we ate all the fruit off her trees. It was actually kind of fun! 

I want to tell you about a few people that we are teaching because we have got some pretty awesome investigators right now. We are teaching a couple that are 68 (cefarino and marlene) and are so awesome. They have so many questions for us and have been attending church every week together. We are going to put a date with them this week. We are also teaching Dario. He's 14 and is getting baptized next week. He has SUCH a strong desire to learn. The only problem is his family, they are very catholic. I had a really ugly experience with his aunt this week that i will never forget haha. We had just go done teaching Dario when his aunt showed up and wanted to talk with us. She basically tore us up and down for a straight hour about our religion. I was handling it all well until she started talking about my country. idk what it is but you just get super patriotic when youre in another country. haha. It was pretty horrible. Me and my comp were in tears at the end and told us that she would never let her nephew join our church while she is living. BUT we talked to his mom the next day and its all goood. hes still getting baptized haha. About our gay couple..well this week he showed up to our lesson in the shortest shorts ever and had a t-shirt on that said "naughty," i couldnt take him seriously. He speaks a little english and told me that he wanted to talk to me because he has some feelings that he can only express in english. I'm scared haha. We're going to teach them the law of chastity this week. Should be fun. 
This sunday is the dedacation of the temple in Trujillo, Peru. I'm SUPER excited because i've never seen a dedication before. So that will be really cool. Everyone here is really excited. It's the second temple in Peru. They havent started the Arequipa temple yet and they said they won't start it until they see more effort from the members! 
I am so grateful to be here. To be able to be part of this work right now. I have been working so hard to be more consecrated more dedicated. But there is ALWAYS opposition in all things. I feel like satan has been working so hard on me lately. Trying to make me feel so inadequate and sometimes i do. Sometimes i feel like i can't do this. Some days i cant talk any spanish. But you have to fight through the hard times because I know that our Heavenly Father is always there, through every step. He will never eleminate all of our struggles but he will strengthen us. I've never felt his love more strongly in my life. I love you all so much!! Talk to you next week!
xxoxoxo
HH 






No comments:

Post a Comment