Tuesday, July 7, 2015

"Bacam".....


This space bar has desafios so I will probably write a short letter because it basically takes all my strength to use the space bar haha. So ya this week was great. Last pday we went to ilo and played futbol and ate lunch on the beach. Twas bacam. (i learned that word this week haha they use it up north, means cool) We had like a huge wind storm the other night and my window broke haha. It was REALLY hot wind and then the next day was freezing. So we are all just waiting for an earthquake. But i am enjoying the colder weather. 
THe mission is SO HARD and sometimes i just want to sit in my room and cry haha but we don't have time for that. I am so confused as to why i'm fat because we walk up and down huge dirt hills all day. But its cool. hah We were suppose to have a baptsim this week BUT our investigator (jose) went crayyy. He told us that he is organizing his own church called "la iglesia de misioneras moquegua" we are pretty sure he is using our folletos and book of mormon to preach. APOSTASÍA haha. He even got up in church yesterday and announced it to everyone. I wanted to die.
But other than that my week was great. Something i love/hate about the mission is that everyone you come in contact with here is going through something and well we have this wonderful message that we know can change their lives, but alot of people just don't want to accept it. You don't even have time to worry about your own problems because you are so worried about everyone else. Sometimes it's overwhelming but so cool that we get to help people with our message and I can testify that it does change lives. I've seen it change people. 
The mission really is the best. Moquegua is the best. I watched my first chicken fight here. It was whack. They train their chickens to be fighters (idk how) and then they tape knives to their legs and they fight to the death. They all bet money and get really into it. I think the people in Moquegua don't know what to do with their time haha. 
I am now in charge of leading the music in sacrament meeting and its horrible. I have no idea what i am doing and everyone just stares at me haha, i think my bishop did it just to laugh at me haha. I also got up to say a prayer yesterday in church and started my prayer with "nuestra mensaje" instead of "nuestro padre" dont even worry im just still a white girl trying to make it in peru haha. BUT i love it. and i love you all so much. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!!
i am so done with this spacebar. 
chauuuuuuuuu







No comments:

Post a Comment