Friday, December 18, 2015

Dogs, dogs, dogs..........

Decembre is flying so fast, I cant even believe it! Yesterday we went to Chivay at 3 in the morning, so I am writing real fast today. This week was super great! last Tuesday we went down to Mollendo for our zone conference, we stayed down there and did trios with our girls. Its like the closest thing to california here....right on the ocean. It was really fun. I was with hermana Escobar and Vasquez. Vasquez is just starting her misison...its always fun to be around new missionaries because they just have a whole different drive for the work. It made me come back and have the desire to work so much harder in my own area. I always learn a lot in divisions.
On Thursday we invited anyone and everyone to the chapel to watch a christmas movie and eat panaton (groooossss but they love it). A lot of people came. Hermana menlove and I were so happy we were running around like crazy and just smily happy haha. I love christmas time! 
I'll tell you guys a funny story because I dont have a lot to say. BUT i am getting sooo sick of the dogs here. They are a constant problem for us here haha. We have this cute investigator who has this GIANT dog that is always right outside of her door and is really mean. Its tried to come after us a number of times. Well, everyitme we go visit her we pray that there will be a way for us to get to her door and knock on it because we usually just end up standing on the other side of the street and yelling her name until she ocmes outside. Well God works in funny ways sometimes. The other day we were sitting outside yelling her name and this tiny Tiko (its the taxis here, they are very small cars) rolls up and the guy asks us if we are trying to get to the door. we said yes, and he literally drove over and up to her door which obvisouly made the dog go running and knocked on her door through his window and smiled and drove off. We were laughing so hard but amazed. I love little miracles like that in life!
This morning in District meeting our district leader shared something that I really loved....he was saying how it was his dads birthday this past week and he was really reflecting on his dad...how is whole life while living at home he never told his dad that he loved him. How the day that he left for the mission he remembers hugging his dad goodbye and it all just hitting him, how much he loved his dad and how much he had sacraficed for his family and how much he regretted never doing it before but it being too late. well it really touched me and I just hope that you guys all know how much I love and care for you even if I havent expressed it enough. But also that I dont want to get to the end of my mission and feel that way. I dont want to look back and think Its too late I should have done more. i just hope I can work my hardest and be the most dedicated while i still have time. 
Im so grateful to be here. I love you guys, Talk to you soon!
xoxox
HH 



Sunset in Mollendo....closest thing to Cali here.

In trios in Mollendo with our girls.

Their Pensanista

Panachay's in Chivay



Old lady that we visit all the time. She is hilarious.


Chivayyyy.......trying on hats.


No comments:

Post a Comment