Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Patience......


Well, this week was good. I have some cool experiences to share! The weather has been cooling off a little here so I have been enjoying that! 

We have an investigator named Karina...we have been teaching her for awhile and next week is her baptismal date. On Tuesday we had a lesson with her and she broke down crying saying that she just didn't want to go on...she didn't want to listen to us anymore and didn't feel good in the church. We were super sad so we just shared our testimonies with her and said a pray on our knees before leaving...i was in a terrible mood for the rest of the day and was so sad. We continued praying for her every chance that we got. On Friday in the afternoon we ran into her on the street and she ran up to us saying that she had been wanting to talk to us. She said she had been really praying and one night had a very overwhelming feeling come over her that she needed to be baptized and take this next step...I couldn't believe it. I just started hugging her haha. It was a miracle!

 The night she told us she didnt want to be baptized I was so upset...I have had soo many experiences where Heavenly Father has answered my prayers but i was feeling so discouraged because this had happened to me so many times in my mission. I went into our bathroom and said a prayer asking Him why He would do this when we were working so hard..I was sort of upset with Him..everytime I have prayed for something, with true intent with all my heart He has answered me...He never fails me. Its sometimes so hard to be patient and accepting of Gods will and timing..this whole week I have been so impatient. With my companion especially. Every little thing she was doing was driving me crazy. I knew we couldn't have the spirit in our companship if I had feelings like that towards her, so I have been praying so hard to have patience and love...its not always easy but I guess thats why we are so imperfect, and have this time to become a little better every single day. I have such a powerful testimony of prayer. I know He listens.

We have another baptism this week, Luis. He is SO excited for his baptism. Its been so fun and amazing to see him progress so fast! He has progressed incredibly fast and gained such a strong testimony..im so excited for him:) 

Hope you guys have a great week! love you all! 
HH 





Cute little peruvian dog... 
A little of our pretty area.

No comments:

Post a Comment