Tuesday, April 14, 2015

"Eyes of Christ"

Oh man this week was great. Full of a lot of great things! We are writing early today because we are going to Yura. It's like a bunch of water falls or something im not really sure but im excited!
I learned so many things this week. We had a big multizona this week with all of the missionaries in Arequipa. ..almost all of us! I got to see Hermana Menlove so i was happy. I LOVE president Zobrist. I feel so inspired everytime he talks to us and just love him to death! We talked about having the eyes of Christ. If only we could see everyone like He does. Ive been thinking about it so much this week, with my companion, with the members, with the people we are teaching and helping! EVERYONE is so important to our Savior and He loves them all SO MUCH! If only we could all see the people the way he does. He is so quick to love and forgive EVERYONE no matter their circumstances. imagine what we could accomplish and how different the world would be! I have a couple challanges for you all this week so one is to have the "Eyes of Christ." We also have a new "rule" in our mission, We are now challanged to invite everyone to be baptized the FIRST lesson. Im stoked about this and am excited to see the outcome. Its good to be bold...In our zone meeting this week we talked about the faith. It doesnt matter how many times I study faith or we talk about faith I ALWAYS learn something new. We talked about how important it is to have faith in our Savior Jesus Christ, the Holy Ghost and ourselves. It basically was a slap in the face for me because I have been praying diligently for confidence in myself with my spanish. To have the confidence to follow the guide of the Holy Ghost and speak up, but i realized that what I should have been praying for all of this time and what I really have been lacking is faith in myself. Some people are a little farther along with their faith and others are just starting to understand what faith is. One of my zone leaders is one of the biggest examples of faith I have seen. He shared with us this week that his mom passed away last week. None of us knew. He talked about the faith that he has that he will see her again. His faith amazes me, I hope to have this kind of faith someday!  Me and Hermana Andia had an activity this week "night of the salchipapas" we made home made salchipapas and invited EVERYONE. Well, we didnt have a really big turn out but it was good. We eached shared our testimonies and watched the video "gracias que el vive" it was awesome! my second challange for you all is to really think about who Jesus Christ is for you..the importance of him in your life and I want you guys to write your testimony down somewhere about our Savior Jesus Christ! I can promise you as you sit and think and write you will be able to see His hand in your life and will be able to strengthen your testimony!
I was reading in the Liahona this week for the month of April and came acrossed this quote that I really loved.It was in a talk called "the power of faith."
Is there not wisdom in [HeavenlyFather] giving us trials that we might rise above them, responsibilities that we might achieve, work to harden our muscles, sorrows to try our souls? Are we not exposed to temptations to test our strength, sickness that we might learn patience, death that we might be immortalized and glorified?
“If all the sick for whom we pray were healed, if all the  righteous were protected and the wicked destroyed, the whole program of the Father would be annulled and the basic principle of the gospel, free agency, would be ended. No man would have to live by faith.” 

I Love you all so much! I hope you are all happy and enjoying this beautiful life! talk to you soon
xoxoxo
HH



Eating a giant fruit bowl. I was real happy.




A lady here made this and hand painted this for me. Its a case for my scriptures and its me and Christ here in Peru.


No comments:

Post a Comment