Monday, April 6, 2015

Conference weekend......


Wow conference was amazing no? It was like christmas eve. I couldnt sleep because I was so excited! I was able to watch it in english with two other american elders in my zone in a tiny closet with no air haha but it was great! best weekend of my mission. The whole conference people kept coming to my mind. It was great! I was truly truly inspired. This week was filled with lots of good things! On Friday we had a conference with all the hermanas here in Arequipa and we talked about the gifts that we have. It was really fun to be with all the hermanas! We all switched tags with our comps and introduced ourselves as our comps. We were able to say all of things that we liked about our comps and the gifts that they have! My comp has a little bit of a hard time giving compliments and so when it came to me she literally said nothing. It was weird but the whole conference was great! This week our investigator Edwin was completely MIA. We havent had contact with him for a week or so, so were super worried about that. We also are teaching Faustino right now. He's a single dad and is super interested in the gospel but needs time he said because he doesn't want a drastic change in his life. He's really great though! We contacted a ton this week around our area and were able to find people that could possibly be new investigators. So im excited to work with them more this week and see what happens! On Tuesday we went to the doctor for my comp because she has been complaining about pain in her legs. The doctor basically said nothing but we've been doing a lot of divisons with the members this week because i like to walk a little faster and get things done haha and i love it because i feel like i can take more of a lead in the lessons! 
Easter week in Peru is crazy. Everyones super drunk and crazy haha I wanted to take a picture of the market on Friday because it was the most people i've seen in the streets in my life but i also wanted to keep my camera so sorry i couldnt share that with you guys haha. But they had a big parade with the virgin mary and the crucified Jesus Christ. We watched a little bit of that and it was pretty interesting. There is a TON of catholics here. 
I feel like my letter is all over the place today so im sorry haha. This week was great though! i am LOVING my new pensionista. We are BFFS! We sit and talk everymorning and she makes me oatmeal masks for my face. Its great. I want to be like her when im older. She has more energy than I do and shes 80.
Last p`day we found a mexican resturaunt near the plaza de armas which is amazing. It was a golden treasure haha. Something funny and kind of sad that happened this week that i wanted to share is with the family Ramos. They are our rescues (i think ive talked about them before) but they have this dog that they love and we were at there house this week and the dad came home crying because he had been at the vet with their dog and found out that it has down syndrome. I wanted to laugh so bad because they were all crying for their dog because the dog had no clue that it had down syndrome. haha i thought it was hilarious... anyways, I hope you all have a great week! i will talk to you soon!
xoxo
HH 


No comments:

Post a Comment