Tuesday, October 13, 2015

I love the mission.....


HEYY everyone,
Well this week was the best ever! I really didn't want to come back to Arequipa, but i'm super happy to be here. I LOVE my new area. Its so great. We are a little out of the city so its nice. There is still fields and hills. Being with Menlove is like the best thing ever! We just laugh all day long together and have super spiritual experiences. I am going to enjoy our time together so much. Plus we teach really well together so its been great!
We were running every direction this week. Monday I got here a little late and so we went to dinner then had a couple of family nights. On Tuesday we went and picked up the new group of missionaries that just came with the office and pres and took them on a tour and trained them and ate lunch. It was super fun! On Wednesday we were at the office all morning and then slept at the mission home with all of the other leaders in the mission and had a conference (we had to talk and I was so nervous haha) and ate dinner together. On thursday we finished our training and then headed back to our area to work! We had some GREAT lessons this week. We are teaching the cutest couple Erica and David that have 2 little kids. We had the most powerful lesson with them, we were able to share our testimonies about eternal families. It was amazing. Please keep them in your prayers. We are also teaching the greatest young man, Luis. He's progressing great. He's getting baptized in two weeks and is the best. So eager to learn and grow and change! So those are just a few people we are visiting. This ward is great!  I'm excited to work hard with the members. I LOVE the mission. Its the best to be able to serve people with all of your might and strength. I'm so grateful for this opportunity. 
I'll share a funny experience with you all...well i have lots haha. Yesterday we went to pick up the cutest less active for church and so we were walking to church and she had her little boy and I was walking behind them when I heard a growl, so i turned around and there was this big black dog growling at me, so i picked up a rock and went to throw it at it and it started to growl even more and then bark and then took of running straight for me so I took off running and ran right past my comp and the less active with this dog chasing me behind me screaming. They were just starring at me like what the heck is going on. Don't worry nothing happened. Just scared the crap out of me haha. I hate dogs here. 
Another funny thing is that me and menlove have been SO exhausted this week so we've been sleep walking and talking almost every night haha. I usually wake up and well be up talking or doing something its hilarious because menlove never remenbers it in the morning haha. 
Anyways, I love you all! I love the misson, and i LOVE my Savior.
Thanks for everything, talk to you all soon! 
HH 

 All the new girls, us and Hermana Zobrist (Presidents wife) at the new temple site.

 Messing around....

 Hermana Menlove, Hermana Anderson, and I. We are all from the same group and now all of us are Sister Leaders now. :)

 My new area.

Making smores over candle light in our room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment